Celebrate the Birds of the Beaver State
Author: Dave Irons
Photographer: Brian E. Small
From the top of snowy Mount Hood to the crashing waves of the Pacific shore, Oregon has it all for birds and for birders. The American Birding Association Field Guide to Birds of Oregon covers 300 species with more than 550 color images of birds in nature along with detailed identification text including preferred habitats, behaviors, vocalizations, and when and where to see them. Written by expert Oregon birder Dave Irons and filled with gorgeous color images by Brian E. Small, this new guide is the perfect companion for anyone interested in learning more about the natural history and diversity of Oregon’s bird life.
- 474 beautiful color photographs featuring 287 bird species in natural habitats
- Clear and concise introduction, identification, and habitat, and birdsong text
- Tips on when and where to see species
- Organized by type of bird from waterfowl to finches
- Table of birding sites and habitats
- Complete state bird checklist, detailed state map, index, and quick index
- Publisher: Scott & Nix, Inc.