Celebrate the Birds of the Land of 10,000 Lakes
Author: Laura Erickson
Photographer: Brian E. Small
Minnesota lies at the crossroads of four major landscapes—prairie grasslands, deciduous woods, coniferous forest and aspen parkland. Each area has distinct habitats for plants and animals and offers unique opportunities for viewing birds.
- 542 beautiful color photographs featuring 300 bird species in natural habitats
- Clear and concise introduction, identification, and habitat, and birdsong text
- Tips on when and where to see species
- Organized by type of bird from waterfowl to finches
- Table of birding sites and habitats
- Complete state bird checklist, detailed state map, index, and quick index
- Publisher: Scott & Nix, Inc.