Celebrate the Birds of Maine
Author: Nick Lund
Photographer: Brian E. Small
From deep evergreen woods and interior lakes, fields and farmlands, to world famous beaches and rocky shorelines, Maine is a paradise for birds. Over 450 species are recorded in the state and because it’s ideal for both migrating birds in the fall and spring as well as year-long residents, birders can see a multitude of species in every season. Maine has many sanctuaries, wildlife preserves, and local parks and both the spectacular Baxter State Park and the staggeringly beautiful Acadia State Park on Mt. Desert Island. All of these factors combine to make Maine a premiere state for both birds and birders. This new field guide is the most comprehensive and up-to-date photographic guide to bird of Maine.
- 600 beautiful color photographs featuring 250 bird species in natural habitats
- Clear and concise introduction, identification, and habitat, and birdsong text
- Tips on when and where to see species
- Organized by type of bird from waterfowl to finches
- Printed on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) papers from responsible sources
- Complete state bird checklist, detailed state map, index, and quick index
- Publisher: Scott & Nix, Inc.